2. Blogging has taken a backseat to my hectic schedule (wake up, eat, study, sleep). I plan on getting all the blogs back on track, so please send in contributions to My Ticket Home and My Ticket Elsewhere so that love and inspiration can be spread all across the land.
3. In the meantime, feel free to check out what I've been lollying around with:
-Sonal's blog where inspiration and book recommendations abound.
-Arianna's current project which shows that superheroes are just super human.
-Maya's blog where I go to chat with one of my girlies from the Blah-g.
-Author and agent sites like Daphne Unfeasible's blog, Natalie Whipple's blog, Evil Editor's blog, etc.
4. Hmm... what else has happened? Well, I've been listening to music, as usual. You guys already know of my love for The Civil Wars and The Kings of Convenience, but maybe you don't know that One Night Only has a new song out. Check it out, ya'll. I love George, and you will, too.
5. Oh! NaNoWriMo is nearing its halfway point. I decided to push my WriMo to December, but I've been revising a project I think is coming along nicely. Thanks to Lisi's Blah-g, I've made some writing friends my age and they're a pretty supportive group. Together, we're whipping PW into shape. I hope to be able to share it with all of you one day! But until then, good luck on your own WriMos. Don't let age stop you from pursuing your dreams. Start now because you'll only get better with time. I guarantee it.
6. My Twitter has been sorely neglected, but don't worry; I'm finding more contests for you guys and am making more free time to read the things everyone's buzzing about.
7. Speaking of buzz, I pretty much hate it. Because, in my opinion, half of the books people buzz about aren't all the spectacular folks make them out to be. But I appreciate buzz, too, because word of mouth is how people find out about books and start to read them. So take Sonal's lead and RECOMMEND books! Take Talia's example and show us what you're reading! There are few of us who actually read consistently, so we've got to spread the word. Don't keep quiet about the books you love and dislike, okay?
8. I haven't had ice-cream all week and it's pouring out here in the woods. Due was going to get some ice-cream today. I am sad, Clouds, and it's all your fault.
9. Greek verbs suck. Hebrew vocab sucks even more. But both languages are beautiful and worth learning. I don't know what to do. Definitely can't continue with both next semester, though, because they're killing me softly.
10. Happy Veterans Day. Yeah... that's right... I didn't leave this one until number eleven. I'm laughing at you right now because I knew you'd think I would. Ha! And double ha!
11. My tummy is rumbling which means lunch is upon us. Reread numbers 2, 3, 5, and 7 so you know your homework for this week (i.e. checking out blogs, contributing to blogs, recommending things, etc.). I love you all mucho. Have a blessed week and an awesome three-day weekend.