Thursday, January 6, 2011

{Insert Awkwardness Here}

I have never had my own blog before.
Not one with my own name.
Or picture.
Not one that said, "Hello, World; this is me."
I am afraid.

See, I'm not sure if people usually do an "introduction" post, but I kind of have a strict way of thinking and it doesn't change very often. I believe that, like a story, all things deserve a beginning and an ending. There should be backstory given to us, but some unshared history that keeps that air of reality. I am not about to spill my life's story, mind you, but there are some things I think you should know. I mean, I'd want to if I were you. Is there even a you? I'm really not sure.

But if there is a you out there reading this ridiculously awkward introduction, I'll tell you why I'm blogging, what I'm hoping to do here, and how I hope this will become a regular thing for me in the future.

I'm blogging because I love to write and don't always have a story to tell. I do, however, always have something to say. Always. And, yes, it's because I'm kind of crazy like that. I'm hoping to build up this blog and share short stories with you. Poems with you. My thoughts on the publishing/ literary industry (even though I'm currently just an observer of it). And I'm hoping to talk to you. I do want this blog to be kept up regularly, but as of now, I don't have any distinctly shaped plans. For once I'm just wingin' it. And I'm hoping this will be semi-theraputic in it's own way.

So yeah... my intro to the introduction was longer than the introduction itself, but hey! This is me we're talking about. I hope I haven't offended you by getting you all hyped up for awesomeness and then thwarting those dreams with my rambling that (of course) amounted to nothing. At least I did succeed in doing something I wanted to do--- I was able to give you a glimpse of moi. But next time, I promise the awkward dawdle will disperse because I do have some stuff to share with all ya'lls tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for listening imaginary you!
~Deserae McGlothen

No comments:

Post a Comment