Saturday, August 13, 2011

Figment Reviews: Policy and Procedure

I've decided to just make this easy on all of us. There are two things you have to know:

1. I want to read your story.
2. If you want me to read your story, you must follow directions.

I'm talking, of course, to the people on Figment who may have wandered over and saw my review thread. I'm glad you're taking interest in this, but I need to keep things organized so that we can all get the most from this experience.

HENCE THIS POST. This wonderful post for the expectations, guidelines, and "however!"s of this arrangement.  Be sure to read all of it so you have a clear understanding of me and how this works. So without further ado...

1. Everybody's Expectations:
-No. I do not expect you to read anything of mine in return.
-Yes. I expect you to follow my guidelines TO A TEE.
-No. I do not expect you to follow me if you ask for a review.
-But, yes. That would be lovely, especially if you need/ want me to talk with you further about how to specifically enhance your project.
-No. I do not expect you to thank or argue with me.
-Yes. You can if you want to.
-No. I will not argue with you even if you want me to.
-But, yes. I believe in maintaining a healthy dialogue with anyone who I've provided my services for, so if you do comment or message me, expect to be responded to.
-No. I do not expect every project to be polished or painted pink and yellow.
-But, yes. Expect me to treat it as if we were trying to get it there.

2. Guidelines for Requests:
All guidelines must be followed/ understood
a. Make sure you read at least one of my reviews so you know what to expect.
b. Check my profile page to see what I'm NOT interested in currently.
c. Understand that I can refuse to review any projects for personal reasons. Just because your project is added to the queue, doesn't mean it will definitely get a review. I'll message you letting you know if I'm going to read it or not. Be kind enough to accept that answer as my final say on that particular project.
d. Comment on my profile page with the name of your project, genre, and a brief description of what it's about.
e. Please be patient with me. Depending on how many requests I have, it may take a long time (or a very short time) before I get to your project. Understand that if you followed all of these procedures, you will most likely recieve a review from me. Pinky swear.

3. However...
However I do have the final say in what I do and do not read. I try to accomodate people who don't see the directions, who don't do this or do that, but just know that sometimes I become overwhelmed and I can cut off this arrangement at any given time. Please respect the time and effort I am putting into your project and the time I have to put into others. I'd love to see everyone happy, but we can only do that if both ends are keeping up with their responsibilities.

Okeydoke, I think that's it for now. If I have to do an update, I'll just add a link to it. Cool?

Cool.
Deserae McGlothen

No comments:

Post a Comment