Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What Happens Now

I have finally escaped the grimy clutches of midterms. I've weathered the storm of homework blizzards and reading torrents. There is hope for the future, yet, my friends, but now that all the hard stuff's out of the way, I can't help but think, "What happens now?"

Well, as most of you know, in March, that interactive "book blog" My Ticket Elsewhere is going to be a big priority of mine. Sommertales is going to slowly, but surely, get started up, too (but you'll have to get used to that "one video a month" thing I've got going because it's not really going to kick off until June). My YouTube channel is going to get to see a little more action. And, of course, I'm going to keep you updated on all things new with me here on Almost (not quite) There.

The thing I want to say right now is that yes: for the forseable future, things are going to be busy for me. But, no, that doesn't mean I don't have time to talk to you guys. It doesn't mean I'm going to hide in a corner until it's time for me to post something again. Rather, I want this "busy business" to kick start something I've wanted with ya'll all along. I want it to spark a chance for you to talk to me and be excited about things with me. I've always wanted to do something with myself and, for some reason, I feel that HERE is where I belong.

So never fear, my darlings. Desi lives and she is ready to rock the rest of 2012 RIGHT. BY. YOUR. SIDE. She can't, however, be expected to see the future. What happens now? Well... can we take it one day at a time?

Starting March 1st. Be there or be square.

Love ya much,
Deserae
Commenting on Comments
Maya- I saw your response to the survey and lalalalaLOVED your answers! I've missed you lots, too. I hope you've been doing well and living life to the fullest. How glad I am to hear you still love the middle grade reads, too! It's okay if (or when) you grow out of them, but you're right! You should never be ashamed of the books you're reading. If you are, then you know you have a problem, and if your problem is other people, you need to take a good look at them and think, "Hmm... I wonder if they even read to begin with!" Haha! It's hilarious because the most judgemental people are those who know nothing about the thing they're judging. But 'tis human nature and the way of life. I'm glad you've outgrown it already. :) Yay for TFiOS! Read it. Laugh at it. Cry with it. Fall in love with it. (Please.)

Nicole- Ah! Thank you so much! How glad I am to know you liked le blog. :) The tag was really cute, wasn't it? I was surprised it was all book related! It was really cool to see what kind of a reader I was by doing this and I realize that the people who let me into college must have been mental. I'm also happy to hear you're checking out TFiOS! Who are your fave booktubers? Pricilla from the Readables (who I heard about through Sonal). Or agh! This new girl I found with red hair and glasses... She's really cool and did a review on TFiOS and I can't remember her name but I'm almost SURE it started with a K!

Sonal- My dear, if you loved reading my answers, then I "more than loved" reading yours! You inspire me to read more. Seriously, you do. I've even tucked some of the books you've recommended away in my memory so that I'can find them the next time I'm in Europe (Ha! Yeah right!). But seriously, though, WHY does Europe have all these fantastic books?! And why don't they share them with us, poor Americans! Ranting aside, you don't know how excited I am that you're excited about Elsewhere! I'm nervous because I'm about to take on the DITCHED Mayhem Challenge and I get so terribly frighted in front of A.) a camera and B.) people!!! But in the spirit of spreading the words of good books, I must do what I must do. I am also trying to figure out how international shipping works so you and the other wonderful Europeans won't miss out on any of the prize packs I'll be giving away. Love you much, Sonal! And yes! Your blog looks BEAUTIFUL and it was definitely worth all the hard work!

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited for the book club, your movie, and everything else going on!!! And look! You have 28 followers! You're amazing Des! I hope everything works out and you don't work yourself too hard. In your own words "Good things are happening." :) Good luck with everything!

    LLAP Love,
    Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my favorite book reviewers are CassJayTuck and TheBookTuber. CassJayTuck is hilarious and her reviews are always mildly entertaining. You should check her out. ;) I usually go to her when I need a book to read or something like that. She's really good. :)
    As for the YouTube channel, I can't wait for the once a month video! :)
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shopping and have found another fantastic website that sells great brands at great prices.It's the one website I will visit regularly.
    Student storage

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited! You're going to be a busy bee with everything going on but I know it will be worth all the effort. I'm looking forward to seeing even more from your blogs and I'm hyped about the videos. Keep us updated, Des!

    Love always
    Sonal xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only you are amazing enough to juggle THREE blogs ( Or is it four?) at the same time, and still make it work. Kudos on finishing the midterms! I hope you pass with butterflying colours ( It feels boring to use 'flying.' Butterflies are so much more interesting, no?)
    I'm really excited to read TFiOS now! I went on the Barnes and Noble site, and it was amongst the 'Must Reads' of this month! Your taste in books is insurpassable! =))
    xox, lots of love, Maya

    ReplyDelete