Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday Snapshot #4: For Talia

I write songs for my books, as you guys know, and there's one in particular that I started but never finished--- liked, but never quite got  there with. Well, I thought I'd post the half-bitten lyrics for a girl named Talia who's got heart, spunk, and wisdom for days, but might need a little something every once and again to make her smile. Hope this does the job, Love.

"Trust Me" -KISSE
I know you look at me and all you see's
A broken-hearted lovesick personality,
But all you've done is glimpsed at the surface
Trust me I'm working on
Becoming me and loving you
You seem to be alright now, Love, and I'll be too,
But all I know's that hearts are imperfect---
Trust me, I'm learning,
That when things start to fall apart, we've still gotta hold together.
I'll recollect all my broken parts and save them for later.

We stare out onto the lake, throw a pebble in and watch it sink
And I know what you're thinking: Just keep on breathing
'Cause, Love, we're not through yet;
Our world is dark, now, but there's light up ahead and
Trust me we'll make it, buh-lieve me, we'll make it through.

---- This is where I've always stopped, but here's the second verse even though I need to change it---

I know that soon there's gonna be a day
When cynical delusions keep flooding my brain,
Just hold my hand and say that you'll lead me,
I don't mind being
The one who keeps asking for help
This is the only way I know to save myself,
So promise me you'll be right beside me,
Trust me I'm trying...
And when things start to fall apart,
You know I'll get it together,
Brush it off, stand up, and restart
Because I know things get better

We stare out onto the lake, throw a pebble in and watch it sink
And I know what you're thinking: Just keep on breathing.
'Cause, Love, we're not through yet,
Our world is dark, now, but there's light up ahead and
Trust me we'll make it, buh-lieve me, we'll make it through.


Love,
Deserae
P.S. The song above is a favorite of Ms. T's. Definitely give it a listen and her blog a look-see.

2 comments:

  1. This made my day.
    The song lyrics were just wonderful, and just reading them gave me tiny bits of goosebumps. My favorite part of the song:

    "We stare out onto the lake, throw a pebble in and watch it sink
    And I know what you're thinking: Just keep on breathing.
    'Cause, Love, we're not through yet,
    Our world is dark, now, but there's light up ahead and
    Trust me we'll make it, buh-lieve me, we'll make it through."
    You're amazing Des, don't ever change<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it. The weird thing is I've written these songs ages ago to go into the books, but they've been able to capture things I can't quite articulate without music. So know that it's from my heart. I hope that when you need something to make you smile, you'll return to it. It'll be here! I promise. :)

    Take care, Love,
    Deserae

    ReplyDelete