Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Mayhem #5: Don't Worry

Halloween has got the world going a little whackadoodle. I'm not going to lie: last week was tough. But looking back on it, it wasn't unmanageable. It was just bad in the moment, and now that we've separated ourselves from one another, I feel stronger because I got through it. I don't know... Maybe I'm being too analytical about things again.

But God tells us not to worry about tomorrow. He takes care of us and all of our days are in His hands. I used to hear this and, for some reason, forget His word whenever a trial or tribulation came my way. But the message has finally sunk in. I finally get it. I have no control over the future. I can only make do with what's in front of me, now. I love the "one day at a time" mentality, and, knowing that this way of thinking is not just "alright" but is what we're supposed to be doing makes me feel a whole mess better. Even though the world is changing, God's word is constant and you know what he says?

Don't. Worry.

"Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you." -1 Peter 5:7

I was going to post another Gothic Girl song today, but we shall do that on Wednesday. I think you guys have had enough of me for tonight. Tonight's song is one of Bee's current loves (she is all for anything Colbie Calliat so I LIE. This is one of MY former loves and I'm hoping she doesn't mind it) so give it a listen and be sure to check her out, soon! If you guys have suggestions for the end song, let me know. I'll definitely take them into consideration.

Until next time!


Love,
Deserae
P.S. Doesn't her voice make you want to relax?! "Don't worry... Be happy..." And all of that jazz. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment