Saturday, October 22, 2011

Snapshot Saturday #5: Come in, Inspiration

It's been one of those days.
Okay weeks.
Okay... months.
It's been hard, to say the least.

There are days when I am all hyped up on happy juice and I want to save the world. And then there are days that I've been quiet about... The ones where I don't get out of bed until twelve because I had to do homework until four in the morning... The ones where I'm so upset, frustrated, defeated to the point where I'm literally shaking. Yeah. It's been hard. And I wasn't just "not talking about it" because I'm trying to keep some image up. I didn't talk about it because I didn't want it to be real. I don't know if you know what that feels like--- to have so much faith in the power of words that saying your down means you're nearly out.

I'm one of those people. The hopeless optimist. And even though some people wouldn't agree with that (yeah... I felt that sarcastic grimmace) I learned from the best how to have faith in tomorrow. I'm crazy in that way. There's always a chance for better, in my opinion. We just have to want it badly enough, and not be afraid to get it for ourselves.

So I've been trying. I've been doing different things to get my happy back. Because I'm not unhappy. I'm just in this state of stress that's overwhelming my spirit. And the way I've always climbed out of the holes I dig is to build myself a ladder. And I know what you're thinking: how do you build a ladder when you're in a hole? And the answer is simple: with imagination and creativity.

I've been up to things, and these things make me happy. I've been rewriting (yes... rewriting) that WIP that has nothing to do with Anna. I've been eating lots of mint chocolate chip ice-cream with Nutella and whipped cream (don't try this at home--- I'm a professional). And I've been honing my creativity by reminding myself of good things through my new blogs, My Ticket Home, and her sister, My Ticket Elsewhere.

If you need a break from your hectic life, or if you need some encouragement, or if you need some inspiration, or if you just want to look at and click on pretty pictures, please join me there. Both blogs are interactive in the sense that they will only run with your contributions. So tell your friends. Tweet about your favorite pages. Comment on the posts. And take advantage of the love the I and other people are putting into it so that you can find (and keep!) your happy, too.

Ciao, Bellas.

~Deserae <3
P.S. Oh, Gowe... How I love you. You'll love him, too. Check him out if you're not sure about rap. He. will. change. you.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Des! Sorry I haven't been keeping up with your blog lately XD School has been eating me alive, lol.
    I love your optimism! I understand what it's like to feel like words will have the power to make you belive your defeated, which is why I try not to do the same either. Don't worry though. Happy days are sure to come XD
    "If you believe inside your heart
    Nobody's second class
    Every day's a brand new start
    What's past is past
    And if your dreams go nowhere
    Don't give up the fight
    Come with me and you will see
    It all looks different in the morning light"
    Hope the lyrics help =)
    xoxo, Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S OMG UR NEXT BLOG POST WILL BE YOUR 50TH!!!!! Congrats des!!!!!! <333333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maya: Those lyrics are wonderful! Thanks, Love. <3 And agh! I know! I feel all bloggerific! Is that a word? That should totally be a word.

    ReplyDelete