Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday Mayhem #4: Good Things are Happening


Do you ever wake up (especially on a Monday) thinking that today is going to be the worst day in the world, but when you actually get through it, you realize it wasn't as bad as it could've been?

Yeah. That's me today. In fact, I'm going to go as far as to say that today was actually nice. And that's mayhem! Especially since (as you can see) it's a Monday!

Aren't Mondays supposed to be horrible? Aren't they supposed to be like evil creatures from the heavens above?  Mondays, though, have been very kind to me lately. So maybe this is a sign that I shouldn't assume things are going to be horrible before I even give them a try. This goes for people, foods, events, and, now, Mondays.

But I also think this is a sign that good things are happening. I'm really big on signs, because they're fun to look for and meant to keep us hopeful or aware. So I feel like this the Lord's way of telling me that things are never as bad as they seem. And that maybe, they're getting better. And that maybe, they're getting--- good!

I feel like things are getting gooder than good. Real great-like, even. So now I want to spread some goodness to you guys. I'm going to gabble about a giveaway I heard about! And if I remember to, I'll do this more often.

Today's giveaway gabble is featured at PJ Hoover's blog Roots in Myth for a book called Glow.

Out in the murky nebula lurks an unseen enemy: the New Horizon. On its way to populate a distant planet in the wake of Earth's collapse, the ship's crew has been unable to conceive a generation to continue its mission. They need young girls desperately, or their zealous leader's efforts will fail. Onboard their sister ship, the Empyrean, the unsuspecting families don't know an attack is being mounted that could claim the most important among them...

Fifteen-year-old Waverly is part of the first generation to be successfully conceived in deep space; she was born on the Empyrean, and the large farming vessel is all she knows. Her concerns are those of any teenager—until Kieran Alden proposes to her. The handsome captain-to-be has everything Waverly could ever want in a husband, and with the pressure to start having children, everyone is sure he's the best choice. Except for Waverly, who wants more from life than marriage—and is secretly intrigued by the shy, darkly brilliant Seth.

But when the Empyrean faces sudden attack by their assumed allies, they quickly find out that the enemies aren't all from the outside.



PJ Hoover is an Indie author who is being represented by the Andrea Brown Literary Agency's Laura Rennert. Her newest e-book, Solstice, is an ecclectic mix of dystopian and mythology so be sure to check her out, too, while you're over there. 


SOLSTICE  [book_signing.jpg] 
If you guys like the giveaway gabble, let me know and I'll keep doing it. Until later (because I might post again today! Yay for maybes and mights!)...


Love,
Deserae

No comments:

Post a Comment