Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Mayhem #3: Mi Casa Nueva

This week has been hectic. I'm not gonna lie.

The problem isn't (or wasn't, let's say) that I had a lot to do. There is that homework I need to get started on and the whole "have to get to know the campus" thing I've been working on this whole entire time, but seriously? The thing taking up the most time is the general fact that time literally flies when you're alone in the woods. I'm serious. Seriously so.

This week, I've had to participate in a number of welcome week activities including, but not limited to:

-CA meetings (CAs are like RAs only they're "community" advisers)
-A night hike
-A welcome dance
-Resource fairs
-Mandatory presentations
-Going out with the roomies

That last one might not SEEM like a welcome week activity, but every time we're all in the apartment, we kind of make it a thing to go eat together or explore together and when there's NINE of you, you meet people, you're getting to know people, you're feeling a little more welcome as the group of you start to bond and get to know each other. I swear, these guys are great. Last night, for instance, five of us made a trip down to another part of the college to pick up my roommate, Kaitlin, because she didn't want to walk alone in the dark. I. DON'T. BLAME HER. On top of the deer, there are elks and raccoon... I wouldn't want to be anywhere near any of them on my own, either.

BOTTOM LINE: I've been busy. I think that when classes start, things are going to get less and less hectic. HOWEVS, they're not right now, but that doesn't mean I don't love you. It just means:

1. I have bad phone reception
2. I only get internet downstairs because I can't get it in our room
3. I am trying to figure out where things are at the moment
4. I'm adjusting and seeing where my time will be best spent.

SO... to prove I love you guys, I made this ("illegal") video of my new place so you can see where I live and see my smiling face one last time before it goes back into its hole until this paper's done and out of the way. I love and miss you guys. Here is proof. I call it, "Mi Casa: Where Ma Homies' At." Hahaha! I'm so lame. But then again, aren't we all? No?.... Not even a little bit?... Okay, here it is.


And this is for you. Because I know you care about my music and my feelings. Tee-hee! :)



Love you guys! And check in on me tomorrow because I am doing a post about my roommates. They're gonna be my Teaser Tuesday for my Wednesday Quick-Write.

Ciao for now,
Deserae McGlothen (a.k.a. Your Beloved)
P.S. Sorry there was no Snapshot this Saturday! You guys know I'm trying to stay consistent but right now, it's hard. Also, thanks for voting in my "what should Desi do" poll! Remember, you can keep voting until the end of Wednesday, I think. Also, if you want to participate in any of these memes, contact me and I'll link to your blog! I know I'm forgetting something, but I'll talk to you all tomorrow anyway. Byyyeee! And happy Monday, All!

P.S.S. OH YEAH!!! I was supposed to play Float On for you guys. Next time, Gentlefolk.... Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment