Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Midnight Post

Three things. Three very important writer-like things.

1. Psych is on. And it's one of my favorite crime shows ever. There's Monk for Tony Shaloub. There's Murder She Wrote for it's obvious criminals but not so obvious how they dunnits. There's CSI and NCIS for their crime scene-y-ness. And then there's Psych. For it's wacky crimes--- wacky criminals--- and wacky cast. I love it all. It's (and don't judge me, here) Monk meets a modern day Get Smart. It's not the most brilliant show you'll ever watch but it's entertaining and in one of the best ways possible.

2. I am editing. I am editing PW and helping with TLOATH and, also, I'm critiquing a book for a friend. I'm Alex Bennett's Beta reader and so it's my job to help him make his NaNo project a sparkling gem of a book. And I have to say, I'm a lucky gal. Between Aria's superheroes and Alex's leprechauns, I am in pretty great hands on the writer-reader level of happiness.

3. I've picked the project I'm going to do for my WriMo. Psych! Ha! I totally fooled you. No, see, the problem is, I HAVEN'T chosen a project and my WriMo starts in three days! I have so many guys. I have SO many ideas. Right now, it's a toss up between a book from a guy's perspective (it's a romance! A contemp. romance!), a retelling of Romeo and Juliet, and a middle grade comedy about a girl trying to get rid of a curse. But there're (and I kid you not) SEVEN other ideas that I'm fighting not to bring to the forefront of my mind. I should just... pick one. I know! But I'm agh! I'm going crazy here.

But if a writer doesn't know insanity, how does he ever hope to make the world more sane?

Take care, Loves. And I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Love,
Deserae

2 comments:

  1. loving the blog :D am following!!! please follow mine at www.rollerbladesandvintage.blogspot.com.

    thanks, leah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psych is also one of my faves! Shawn and Gus forever!

    ReplyDelete